Designing courses in a competence-oriented way
This basic seminar is especially for university teachers who are at the starting point of their teaching or who want or need to redesign their courses. In the seminar, we want to give you an overview of how to conceptualize your courses and explain to you which steps are important during the preparation process. The design of the seminar is based on the principle of the flipped classroom: First you prepare the following topics in e-learning:
- Reflection on your role as a teacher and your understanding of teaching
- competence orientation and learning outcomes
- Planning models (constructive alignment, Berlin model of didactics)
Then, in the asynchronous meeting, we will present and discuss concrete "tools" for the conceptual design of courses. You can create a first draft for the conception of one of your courses and discuss with other course participants about the planning process of seminars or courses. You will receive answers to your questions from the speakers and we provide you with materials that support you in the conceptual design of your teaching. After the seminar, you are very welcome to take advantage of individual advice or individual coaching to further develop your concept.
- preparation within a Moodle course
- input from trainers
- work in small groups and individual work
Learning objectives of the seminar:
During the seminar, participants work on the following skills:
- Describing what competence-oriented teaching is
- Explaining important planning models in higher education teaching
- Applying the different steps of conceptualizing seminars/courses
- Focusing teaching on the learning processes of the students with (digital) media and methods
- Reflecting own teaching
Calculation of working units:
You will receive 4 AE for the preparation of the seminar within the e-learning course and 8 AE for the synchronous meeting.
|Seminar host:||Dr. Frank Meyer, Dr. Anja Hager|
|Seminar ID:||FBZHL UBT WS22223 03S Design|
FBZHL der Universität Bayreuth
Nürnbergerstr. 38, Bayreuth
Dieses Seminar findet rein virtuell statt und wird mittels ZOOM organisiert. Sie benötigen dafür einen Computer mit Mikrofon und Kamera. Alles Weitere erfahren Sie per E-Mail.
Show on Google Maps
, 09:00 - 17:00 Uhr
The following attendance fees apply:
|Available slots:||8 slots, thereof 5 available|
|Stufe:||Basic and advanced level|
Area A with 12 operation units
There are no seminars on your watchlist.
To book seminars please log in (see above) or register.