Engaging Students in Academic Writing
Writing and teaching writing is characterized by individuality, a specific approach may work for one student and not for the other. Furthermore, students may have different knowledge and skill levels on academic writing. In this seminar we will therefore cover how you can support your students in developing and deepening their writing skills - both in class and during supervision of writing projects (term papers, bachelor/master theses, etc.). We will cover a variety of methods and approaches you can choose from, depending on the stage the students writing project is in. Furthermore, we will cover conversation techniques that you may apply, especially when you sit down with students to talk about their individual writing projects. In addition, this seminar allows you to exchange ideas and experiences with the other participants and you are very welcome to bring along individual questions.
- Developing and deepening student skills in academic writing
- Introduction to methods to be applied in different stages of the writing process
- Conversation techniques for individual consultations with students
Participants will work on the following competencies in the seminar:
- Support students in developing and deepening their academic writing skills
- Choose and apply suitable methods based on the stage of the writing process
- Choose and apply suitable conversation techniques in individual consultations with students
The Workshop Language is English.
|Seminar host:||Kathrin Stöver|
|Seminar ID:||FBZHL UBT WS2122 29S Engage|
FBZHL der Universität Bayreuth
Nürnbergerstr. 38, Bayreuth
Dieses Seminar findet rein virtuell statt und wird mittels ZOOM organisiert. Sie benötigen dafür einen Computer mit Mikrofon und Kamera. Alles Weitere erfahren Sie per E-Mail.
Show on Google Maps
, 09:00 - 12:30 Uhr
25.11.2021 , 09:00 - 12:30 Uhr
The following attendance fees apply:
|Available slots:||10 slots, thereof 2 available|
|Stufe:||Basic and advanced level|
Area D with 2 operation units
Area E with 8 operation units