Teaching in Intercultural Contexts
The steadily increasing number of international students at German universities means new talent and vast potential for the future, but also brings along a number of challenges with it. At the university, the teaching context is one of the most significant areas where these challenges are encountered, when different, deeply ingrained learning traditions and expectations come face-to-face with the German academic system. In this seminar, the participants will therefore first engage with their own cultural backgrounds and values. Then, using these as the starting point, they will take a closer look at different cultural characteristics and value systems and the influence of these systems on ways of thinking and learning. In this way, the participants will become aware of and sensitised to possible points of friction in intercultural encounters in the classroom. Working with university-specific practical examples and the participants' own experiences, they will then address new ways to act, react and interact. They will thus build up their ability to analyse such situations using their newly gained insights and to develop approaches for appropriate solutions.
Key points regarding content:
- Culture and understanding of culture
- Perception of self and the other
- Culture-dependent teaching and learning traditions
- Intercultural communication
- Reflection, application and transfer: case studies, critical incidents, role plays and communication tasks
Participants work on the following competencies during the seminar:
- The participants expand their knowledge of different culture-related teaching and learning traditions.
- Participants can identify and critically reflect on obstacles and blocks that may have a cultural background or explanation.
- The participants can deepen and develop their competence in dealing with intercultural interaction situations in the teaching context.
This seminar is offered by the Network Interculturality of the University of Bayreuth, about whose offers and activities you can also inform yourself at www.interkulturalitaet.uni-bayreuth.de.
|Seminar ID:||FBZHL UBT WS2021 12S Intercultural|
|Ort:||FBZHL der Universität Bayreuth
Nürnbergerstr. 38, Bayreuth
This seminar takes place purely virtually. We use ZOOM for video conferencing. You will need a computer with a microphone and camera. Everything else we will send you by e-mail.
Auf Google Maps anzeigen
, 09:00 - 12:30 Uhr
22.10.2020 , 09:00 - 12:30 Uhr
29.10.2020 , 09:00 - 12:30 Uhr
Es fallen folgende Teilnahmegebühren an:
|Verfügbare Plätze:||12 Plätze, davon 0 frei|
|Stufe:||Grund- und Aufbaustufe|
Bereich A mit 12 Arbeitseinheiten